Monday, February 13, 2012

Psychic Empathy -are you an Empath?

Have you ever felt at times you were too sensitive for this world? Do you physically feel someone else's pain by being near them, touching them or even hearing a story? Have you seen physical changes in your body (raised veins, swollen hands) when you are feeling someone else's pain? Do you get overwhelmed in large crowds? Do you sometimes wonder if what you are feeling are genuinely "your feelings" an not someone elses? Do you feel you may be going crazy? Depression can be common in empaths who have not yeat realized their gift and how to control it.
These are all signs that point to the Psychic ability of Empathy.
Overactive empathy can be tricky to deal with. While you, as an empath, want to strengthen your skills, it can be very overwhelming to you physically and mentally. So, how to turn it off and on? This takes some practice, but it can be done. Here are some things you can do to help you gain more contol over when and where you choose to use your empathic gift.
What is Psychic Empathy?
Psychic empathy is the ability to tune in on other people's emotional states to the point that the empath may feel these emotions directly. There are times when these feelings will be connected to places as well as people, with the empath becoming connected to the emotions of a house or building.
Psychic empathy is when you know and experience a person's emotional state without being told about the feelings beforehand.
There is also some link between the paranormal and empaths. I have been able to go into buildings and houses and was able to tell the person living there what had happened-especially if someone had passed away there.I am also able to pull memories from people's minds, and tell them in great detail not only emotions, but details about the place,year and sometimes I can retrieve words that were said.


Here are some tips for helping you manage your empathy. Please remember that this is something that takes practice, but you should notice a change after doing it for a while.

Centering
One of the most important things to work on is centering, this will help you to be able to turn off those strong feelings when you don't want to feel them.

When I first came to realize that my empathic tendencies were getting out of control, my spiritual advisor told me that I must learn how to "turn it off", or I could be at risk of harm.
In centering ones self, it is helpful to use visualization techniques that come from meditation. Being "grounded". I center myself by taking a moment to close my eyes and do some deep breathing. While I am focused on my breathing, I envision my center chakra as a chord connecting me to the center of the earth. I chose the color rose quartz pink, to me that color is very calming and maternal. I then visualize a beautiful rose entwined around the cord. A rose with very large thorns. A rose to me says, I am beautiful, but do not touch! This is how I can begin to feel protected from empathy or psychic attack.

Triggers
It is also important to begin to determine if you have any empathy "triggers". This requires you being aware of when the empathy happens and noting the person, place and situation as well as your mental state at the time. Once you have practiced centering, you will be able to close your empathic energy field.
Feeling guilty about "turning off" your empathy may be a roadblock that can keep you from being able to control your psychic ability. There is nothing wrong with turning off your ability. If you don't, chances are you will get exhausted very easily in crowds,public and around those you love.

Centering is something that should be praticed frequently. This is an important part of the "turning off" process. You are essentially filling any holes in your "aura" so they do not get invaded with other energies. The more you practice this, the quicker you can do it.

7 comments:

  1. I work with a paranormal team. Something that I have noticed is that after leaving an investigation-and I have had several clients mention this, the activity ceases. I have done no formal cleansings. One example of this is a house I moved into that was having increasing activity in the house. I was sleeping and heard footsteps come up the stairs and something let me know that it was leaving. I then heard footsteps go down the stairs and the front door slammed shut. This door was locked and deadbolted, but the slamming woke everyone else up. The activity stopped completely while i was there. When i moved a few months later, the people living there said that the activity started back up within 2 days. On visiting a few months later, I went into the attic and told it that it had to leave. There has been no activity since. I guess, I would just like your opinion on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emrys, Mia here-in regards to your situation, it sounds like you have something different going on. The entities in the house, were they human or of a different and/or darker nature? It's possible you have some strong guardians around you that drove these "entities" away when you were present in the home. This makes me think your situation is different than that of being an empath. Empaths are sensitive to feelings and energies of others and of places. If you went to the house and were overwhelmed by feelings of sadness, for example, you most likely would be experiencing psychic empathy. If you were in a house and walked over a certain part of the floor and felt cold and shuddered and perhaps felt fear that you knew was not your own, that is another example of psychic empathy. Do you practice any type of rituals, Wicca etc etc?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I do not practice any type of rituals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emrys, Mia here- I am going to assume that you are protected by some kind of guardians, be they passed on loved ones, angels, or positive entities of a good nature. Since you don't have any specific denomination (like myself), you are what my Grandmother would call "A Natural"...meaning you were born with this gift and did not have to learn it, hence why it comes so easily. Have you also had experiences with feeling the emotions of others?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, i pick up on peoples emotions. i also pick up on feelings about locations. I had a feeling about a chair in a house and was told later that someone had died in it. But looking back,most of my experiences have come through my dreams, if this means anything. I have seen things later to be affirmed, happen when i was thousands of miles away. And have been warned in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was crazy....I typed in that I could feel other peoples emotions and I'm so relieved I'm not going crazy. People always feel comfortable around me and say they trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get physically sick no matter how many times I do a cleanse or meditation. I am a very healthy person and I am ALWAYS sick after I meet people. And I have always felt it in this town only. How do I not get sick?

    ReplyDelete